Install location on Windows?
I see some things referencing C:\NeverwinterNights\NWN and others C:\Program Files\NWN. Anyone know what the default or most common installation dir is? --Superlgn 14:45, 18 May 2009 (UTC)
Mine is C:\Program Files\Atari\Neverwinter Nights\ and I think I used the default. --Moirah 20:06, 18 May 2009 (UTC)
- Ok, that returned more hits in Google than the other, so I'll change. Thanks --Superlgn 20:21, 18 May 2009 (UTC)
Hmm, Google may return the NWN2 path because it's almost the same. But in any case, that's what my 'puter says :) --Moirah 20:23, 18 May 2009 (UTC)
- Yeah, I was just about to say that. It seems like C:\NeverwinterNights\NWN is the most common. --Superlgn 20:24, 18 May 2009 (UTC)
Severe problems have been encountered with unsupported additions, perhaps not with these, but certainly showstoppers have been seen with some. I don't think we should be placing so much emphasis for this right on the download page, so I moved everything to it's own Add-ons page and noted it below the requirements. --Superlgn 19:46, 24 May 2009 (UTC)
Well, these were specifically taken from the "overrides that work with ADwR" guild page. I think the only one causing slight problems is TonyAi. . My point was to have those on dowload page to make this information easily accesable, so people will know that they can use this stuff and enrich their ADwr experience. (Playing ADWr with Kamryins ifor example is awesome) It is not that important I guess, a person can go to adds-on page if he wishes.ChernyjDyr 19:57, 24 May 2009 (UTC)
I just updated it to the right link, but it only dl's a 3.9MB file not the full 4.6MB. Maybe a fluke, maybe IGN web cashe or something.
Not TOO important, as i fixed the link to the mod itself too ("http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=modules.Detail&
amp; id=4869") but i figured i'd say what's up when i monkey with your site. SpaceSimba 09:49, December 25, 2010 (UTC)SpaceSimba
- I always thought Valine was uploading new files in place of the old ones and that caused the same download links to be reused on the Vault, but I just tried one of the older links and it returned an error. Either she started changing the way she uploaded files or the Vault made some changes to their upload process, or I was just completely wrong to begin with. It's probably best to also update the download links on this page when including new releases on the site index. I'll try to remember for next time. Thanks.
- Also, I just downloaded all 3 files and they all test out ok. It may have been a temporary problem at the Vault or a caching issue on your browser. --Superlgn 16:50, December 25, 2010 (UTC)
Crash while loading with GOG pre-patched version
Had a problem with starting part one (1.50) with my GOG version of NWN Diamond Edition (pre-patched to 1.69) on WinXP 32bit. Followed the installation guide to the letter, but part one kept crashing at about 50% of the loading process (part two loaded OK). Turned out, that even though the GOG version comes pre-patched, I still need to install the 1.69 update manually over it. After that, the mod loaded OK. I am leaving this here because Google search showed a lot of people having this trouble but not a whole lot of solutions... --Koveras Alvane (talk) 14:39, December 1, 2012 (UTC)
- This was splendid advise. The patch that is needed is the one described as "HOTU Critical Rebuild - Download this if you have HOTU installed."
- Furthermore, since I was running Win7x64 I had to change compatibilty of "nvmmain.exe" to "Windows XP (Service Pack 3) and check the running as administrator box.
- 184.108.40.206 23:22, April 29, 2013 (UTC)